Cocktails - SIPN BOURBON
Cocktails

Cocktails

Find, learn and do it yourself.

Many purists will argue that Bourbon is best consumed neat, but we beg to differ. A great Bourbon can do wonders when combined with different supporting elements, fruits, spices, and more bringing out many sides to its complex flavour profile. Whether you like it spirit-forward in a classic Old Fashioned, sweetened in a fruity punch, or heated up in a Hot Toddy, there’s a bourbon drink to satisfy every kind of palate. So go on, tell us what your favourite recipes are!

Maria

Ingredients:

• 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) bourbon whiskey*
  • 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
  • ¾ ounce (1 ½ tablespoons) pure maple syrup (or simple syrup)
  • Garnish: Orange peel and a cocktail cherry
  • Ice, for serving
Instructions:
  1. Add the bourbon whiskey, lemon juice, and syrup to a cocktail shaker. Fill with a handful of ice and shake until very cold.
  2. Strain the drink into a lowball or Old Fashioned glass. Serve with ice, an orange peel and a cocktail cherry.

• test reply from api

FionaGoodman

Good cocktails..

Astrid

cocktails, like everything else in this world, cycle through trends.

• Kelsey Read

Yes Absolutely

Jasmine

I tried this cocktail which I feel every bourbon lover should try too! Ingredients 1/2 ounce star anise and black tea-infused simple syrup* 1 slice of fresh ginger 1 strip lemon peel 2 ounces Basil Hayden’s bourbon 1/2 ounce Creme Yvette 1 dash Angostura bitters Steps Add the syrup and ginger to a mixing glass. Twist the lemon peel over the glass to express the oils. Drop the peel into the glass and muddle it with the syrup and ginger. Add the bourbon, Creme Yvette and bitters with ice and stir until well-chilled. Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice. I call it the ginger rabbit... Let me know if y.

Salena

A cocktail drink is any mixed drink with at least two ingredients and is usually alcohol-based. Cocktails typically have a base liquor, like vodka or gin, and come with other flavored ingredients like fruit juice. Some drinks are simple and only involve two liquid ingredients.

Kelsey Read

I tried this cocktail which I feel every bourbon lover should try too! Ingredients 1/2 ounce star anise and black tea-infused simple syrup.

Kelsey Read

INGREDIENTS: The whiskey sour (aka bourbon sour) is a classic cocktail that’s on the list of International Bartender Association’s IBA official cocktails. This means it has an official definition. Our version stays true to the original definition, with a few tweaks. The ingredients for making a whiskey sour recipe are simple! Here’s what you’ll need for this classic sour cocktail:

1. Bourbon whiskey: as high quality as possible (you can use any whiskey, but we prefer the flavor of bourbon)
  2. Lemon juice.
  3. Maple syrup or simple syrup
  4. Garnish of orange peel and cocktail cherry
Alex and I like to use maple syrup to sweeten our cocktails. It’s a natural sweetener and brings a nuanced flavor to a drink that simple syrup does not. In back to back taste tests, maple syrup always wins! Plus, we always have it on hand in our refrigerator. If you prefer the pure, straightforward taste of simple syrup, you can use that too. More variations: Make the whiskey sour with honey syrup and becomes a Gold Rush! Or make a whiskey sour with lime or an amaretto whiskey sour. How to make a whiskey sour: Simply shake up the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice, and you’re good to go! The measurements in the recipe below: in both ounces and tablespoons to make it easy for family cooking. Just shake all the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker until cold. You can also cheat and just stir them together until the syrup has dissolved. Serve over lots of ice and enjoy! Try our clear ice if you want a stunning look. Whiskey sours are traditionally served with a slice or orange and a cocktail cherry. You can also add an egg white to get a frothy foam topping: that makes it a Boston Sour! Go to Whiskey Sour with Egg White for more. When you make this drink with bourbon, you can also call it a Bourbon Sour.

Kelsey Read

Will try it once

Kelsey Read

Ingredients:

• 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) bourbon whiskey
  • 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
  • ¾ ounce (1 ½ tablespoon) pure maple syrup (or simple syrup)
  • Garnish: Orange peel and a cocktail cherry
  • Ice, for serving
Instructions:
  1. Add the bourbon whiskey, lemon juice, and syrup to a cocktail shaker. Fill with a handful of ice and shake until very cold.
  2. Strain the drink into a lowball or Old Fashioned glass. Serve with ice, an orange peel, and a cocktail cherry.

Ingredients:

• 1 ½ ounce (3 tablespoons) bourbon whiskey
  • 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) sweet or semi-sweet red vermouth
  • 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Campari
  • Ice, for serving (try clear ice!)
  • For the garnish: Orange peel
Instructions:
  1. Combine the bourbon whiskey, sweet vermouth, and Campari in a cocktail mixing glass (or any other type of glass). Fill the mixing glass with 1 handful of ice and stir continuously for 30 seconds.
  2. Add ice to a lowball glass, and strain the drink into the glass (or you can use a cocktail glass without ice).
  3. Use a knife to remove a 1″ wide strip of the orange peel. Squeeze the orange peel into the drink to release the oils. Gently run the peel around the edge of the glass, then place it in the glass and serve.

Lawrence Rehbein

Bourbon Sidecar Ingredients:

• 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) bourbon whiskey*
  • 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Cointreau ½ ounce (1 tablespoons)
  • lemon juice 1 teaspoon simple syrup For the garnish: lemon twist or lemon peel
Instructions:
  1. Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice and shake until cold.
  2. Strain the drink into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist or orange twist.

JRiggs

2 oz. Bourbon (I usually use EW BiB to hold up in the dilution) 2 dashes Angostura Bitters Simple Syrup Fill with Ginger ale Combine in a Highball and stir

Duane G

This is probably my favorite bourbon drink, other than neat of course.  As with any cocktail, the better the base spirit(s), the better the result.  I've tried this recipe with Highland, Islay and Speyside scotches.  I think my favorite so far has been the Speyside paired with Barrel Bourbon (batch 025).  Enjoy.   Don Lockwood

• 1 oz. bourbon
  • 1 oz. scotch
  • 2 tsp maple syrup
  • 1 dash Angostura bitters
  • 2 dashes chocolate bitters
  • long orang peel for garnish
In a rocks glass, combine all ingredients. Add a large ice cube an stir. Garnish with an orange peel.

user-870

Liquorappsdemo@gmail.com

user-2156

just learned egg white shaken is to be poured over a whiskey sour. w/ of course bourbon of choice(rye is good) sour mix. lemon or lime juice

user-870

Liquorappsdemo@gmail.com

user-870

Liquorappsdemo@gmail.com

James Ball

Hi Bourbon lovers, Sharing a Maple Bourbon Smash quick recipe. Pair with an orange, lemon, bitters, and sweet maple syrup! ·  1/2 ounce pure maple syrup, preferably Grade A Dark Amber. · 1/2 ounce fresh orange juice. · 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice. ·  4 dashes of Angostura bitters. ·  1/2 orange wheel · 2 ounces bourbon (add more bourbon if you like) · Ice · 1 1/2 ounces chilled seltzer.   What's your fav recipe for a perfect bourbon cocktail?

user-870

Liquorappsdemo@gmail.com

• You must be logged in and verify email to reply to this topic.